Books I Love

By Kezia Mariska - August 28, 2017

I’m a bit of a hoarder when it comes to book. Back to my childhood days, I enjoyed reading comics and short stories. As I grew older, my book contentment is altering from fiction to non-fiction. I strongly believe that my love for non-fiction book will be everlasting. Maybe you are wondering, what sort of non-fiction book are you talking about? I’m going to buy a whole book shelf (I wish I can hahaha…) as long as it is a self-enrichment or best known as self-help book. I will also consider buying memoir/biography/autobiography book, too. Now you get it right. I don’t want to say that I hate novels or any of the similar. Please don’t get me wrong, the fact is I used to be a fan of cliché-romance novel, too. But as for now, they are not really my thing anymore.


These past few months I’ve been buying books like crazy in urge to make sure that I have enough reading material although I don’t really have a much time to read other than weekend. I still got 6 books in queue though, so wish me luck in order to finish them all up. To me, there’s nothing quite as relaxing as sitting in a couch on a Sunday morning with a good book and a cup of hot green tea.

So now, I’m beyond excited to share what I’m reading lately. Here’s to a little blog post to tell you about books I love. Hope you enjoy it!


First up, I have a memoir book written by the famous Youtuber, Connor Franta as the follow-up from his first book titled as 'A Work in Progress'. Oh, forgot to mention, I love books with pretty cover. I mean, look at this pretty pale pink cover with what we call as an aesthetic look. I just freakin love the cover and of course the inside. 'note to self' features essays, stories, poetry and beautiful photographs by the one and only Connor Franta. He is absolutely putting a lot of effort on this book, I can see that. All of them cover issues from clinical depression, social anxiety, breakups, self-love, etc. What I love the most about the book is that the content is alternating from the beginning. First, it's a story, next, they display beautiful photograph, next, a poetry, and so on. By all means, you will never get bored reading his story. Every pages is so appealing to me. How he writes also do me good.




This is what I called a badass book! Why is that? First, the title. It's a like a punch in the face trying to warn you about your scattered things that needs to be done or organize. Second, all the 'recipes' and strategies inside to guide you throughout the journey of your get-your-shit-together moment are so great I can't even explain. From how to stop procrastinate, how to save up your money, and other important how-to (s) all can be found here. Reading this book is like reading someone you have already known for a long long time (read: your mom) trying to give you best of the best advice, and it works! So practical and easy to do. Bonus, it's so funny till it hurts your tummy. I haven't finished yet, but all I know is I'm excited to go all the way till the end (I still got one chapter left).

Anyway, I love Sarah Knights from her book 'The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a Fuck' a parody from the international best-selling book by Marie Kondo with sort of title. It is also an easy read, helpful and funny at the same time. Now on my wish list: her brand new book called 'you do you'.




Hands down my favorite book this past six months. Again, I forgot to mention that I'm a slow reader. I finished this up about 3 months (Oops, sorry haha...) I know it's a little bit behind the schedule, but I did enjoy reading every single pages on it. Every time I read this, I geared myself with a highlighter and post-it as if it's my school book. But I'm telling you guys the truth, most of the sentences in this book is a great reminder and a noteworthy. If you are in the stage of high stress with super overwhelming work or you just basically feeling tired and in need of oomph, you have come to the right place. Carl is giving you real-deal tools and techniques from being highly anxious and stressed, to enjoying a lifestyle of freedom and choice right in this book. It's written in a very understandable English, you'll gonna love it!




I'm saving the best for last. 'BOOST' pretty much embodies the definition of motivational. Another book with pretty cover, I have to mention this as one of my favorite. It’s packed with valuable insights, suggestions and advice on how to increase your confidence. This book is a must read for anyone who’s in the road of achieving goals with a confident mind, body and soul. It's like reading a book filled with fruitful quotes. This book helped me to really think how confidence can affect our entire life. For instance, how to accept your true self, how to communicate better with one another, etc. Without doubt an uplifting and inspiring read!



Let me know if you guys like any of the books that I’ve mentioned! Also if you have any recommendations of books that you think I might like then please leave a comment down below and tell me what you think I should read! I’m always looking for new books to add to my collection, again, I'm a book hoarder. Also please drop some blog post request down in the comment section to make sure that I'm posting content that you actually want to read. Thank You and see you in the next one!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 komentar

  1. Ke kalo udah kelar I boleh pinjem ga? HAHAHAH kayaknya bagus2 dan useful bangeet. But I'm not promising I have much time to read😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boleh banget. Mostly udah selesai gue baca, yg buku warna pink doang yang belum.

      Delete
  2. Whether or not you follow my advice, a second book will help you sell more books. Therefore, you need to find the balance between marketing and writing. Excellent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Essay Edge is a service that takes the essay that you have prepared and reviews it in order to work with you to make it better. Why is this important? When you are attempting to gain admission into a college or grad school it is often a well written essay that will make or break your application. The higher the level of school, the higher the level of quality that is expected with your essay and it is Essay Edge's goal to help you with that quality. essay help

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kak, ada rekomendasi tempat beli buku "The Less Stress Lifestyle" ngga? Aku lagi nyari toko yg jual hard copy nya susah sekalii

    ReplyDelete
  5. An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

    Wisata Andalas
    Andalas Travel
    Andalas Tourism

    ReplyDelete